Saturday 5 September 2009

The first meeting I shall be attending of the CCDG is on Monday 7th Sept., regrettably it does not appear to be a terribly exciting affair and the agenda seems pretty thin on substance, but we shall see. I will report back following the meeting with any particularly informative bits and pieces.

More interestingly, the meeting in June had representatives from a group called NACRO, and from my investigations I find that:
“Nacro's vision is a safer society where everyone belongs, human rights are respected and preventing crime means tackling social exclusion and re-integrating those who offend.”

A very noble cause indeed if it works!

I am however some what surprised that NACRO have submitted a bid through the health and well-being fund ?? to deliver sport and education to the migrant community.

Now I am not suggesting that all crime is committed by our migrant community guests, but the direction of tax payer’s money into one section of the community over and above another is, in my book wrong.

Do NACRO see thing's differently?

I am struggling to see how their vision ties in with the real issues that our community face and how dealing with the migrant community as a special case helps matters.

I am pleased that it was recognised by the Community Cohesion delivery group that “whilst supporting the principles of the project, concern was expressed that too much emphasis is being put on it being available for the migrant community and this in itself may increase the void between the indigenous communities.”

Now I ask you, do you really think this group would be “concerned” if there was not a BNP councillor within the council?

I leave that for you to think about.

No comments: