Thursday 29 April 2010

Independent support for democracy

BNP and Independants to work together to allow an elected member full access to the democratic process.

Please fear not, I have in no way whatsoever switched allegiance from the BNP, in fact far from it.


The independents and I are working together simply for the purpose of seat allocation on the committees so that I can more effectively conduct my role as borough councillor for the Fenside ward.

Readers may recall that since my election back in November 2008 I have been trying to gain fair and equal representation on committee seats, I have pursued the issue via the every available channel, finally bringing the matter before the standards committee and full council.

In the now traditional manner we have been accustomed to here in Boston the ruling BBI party voted out an amendment to the constitution that would and could have allowed me to take my rightful place.

I feel that my association with the independent group for this purpose serves both there own cause as well as mine given they have lost one of their number to the conservative group.

As I am sure you are aware I am standing for the British National Party in the forthcoming general election, and I fully expect that after next years local election results the BNP with have a group all of its own in the council chamber.


Cllr David Owens