Tuesday 17 May 2011

Updates

Following on from my blog last week, the latest I have received from the Chief Exec is that its always been "protocol" to conduct matters in the way he prescribed......well that's news to me as I have numerous emails from Officers over the years where that was NOT as per the "protocol" he describes. Hmmmm

On another equally frustrating matter I have 3 times requested financial information relating to the costs associated with Party in the Park, in order to see how the costs spiralled from £40868 in 2001/2 to £124,809 in 2008/9. I have been drip fed bit by bit and still have no detailed breakdown of how this cost managed to escalate out of control!

Call me a cynic but I don't buy it! Of course when something becomes so expensive it becomes more and more difficult to justify the spend and perhaps some interesting expenditure has found its way into the Cost center for party in the park, just to help it on its way...OUT that is!

Some may recall I stood alone in trying to get funds used from the " £660,000 Community Cohesion Money,before it was squandered away on officer salaries and charities, this was to no avail subsequently the event was Binned and some shifty nasty poor relation substitute offered in its place.

Watch this space as this is still on The English Democrats agenda!

No comments: